Who we are
What Personal Data We Collect
Information You Give Us
We may collect any information, such as your first and last name, email address, postal address, and telephone number that you provide when you interact with us. Some examples are when you:
- Register or create an account on the Site;
- Correspond or communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- Leave a comment on, or post photographs or other materials to, the Site;
- Sign up to receive a newsletter or email communications from us; or
- Use social media to interact with us, or to share something from our Site with others, we will receive information about what you share and other details that may be based on your social media privacy settings.
Information Collected Automatically
Each time you visit the Site, we may automatically collect certain types of information from you,
including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC address, browser type, operating system, device-identifying information, type of computer, location data, and type of Web browser software, the specific webpages visited during your connection, and the domain name from which you accessed the Site. In addition, we may collect information about your browsing behavior, such as the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Site, the number of times you return to the Site and
other clickstream data.
We may also use Flash cookies (also known as Local Stored Objects) or other similar technologies. A Flash cookie is a small data file placed on a computer using Adobe Flash or similar technology that may be built into your computer or downloaded or installed by you to your computer. We use these technologies to personalize and enhance your online experience, facilitate processes, and personalize and store your settings. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies and the cookie management tools provided by your browser. If you disable Flash cookies or other similar technologies, please be aware that you may not have access to certain features and services that make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Use of Personal Information Collected
- For editorial and feedback purposes
- For marketing and promotional purposes
- To create a statistical analysis of users’ behavior
- For content improvement
- To customize the content and layout of the Site
- To notify you about updates to the Site
- To respond to your inquiries
- To post your comments or statements on any blog or other online forum maintained on the Site; or
- To take other actions in response to your inquiries or other website activities
Sharing or Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Unless otherwise agreed, we will not sell or disclose to third parties any individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and other personal information which users voluntarily provide to us, except as follows:
• We use outside service providers and third-party analytics tools to facilitate the Site and overall operation, and to perform functions on our behalf, such as monitoring visitors to our Site, sending postal mail and email, analyzing data, monitoring visitor comments through automated spam detection services, and providing customer service. These third parties may have access to your personal information as needed to perform their functions, but they may not use it for any other purpose.
• An anonymized string created from your email address (also called a “hash”) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it.
• To the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws or valid legal processes, such as in response to subpoenas or court orders.
• To protect the rights and intellectual property of Dance Resource Center.
• To investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our policies, or as otherwise required by law.
Access, Correction & Deletion
Retention of Personal Information
Personal information that we collect, access or process will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected, unless otherwise provided in agreements between you and us or as required or authorized by law.
If you leave a comment on the Site, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
The Site is not directed to children, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen without verifiable parental consent. If you believe that a child has provided personal information to us, please contact us promptly as described below, and we will endeavor to investigate and delete such information from our systems.
Embedded content from other websites
We maintain a social media presence, such as a Facebook page, an Instagram page and a Twitter feed. You can interact with us through social media, such as by entering our contests, posting content, sharing material from our Site, and using our social media plug-ins. When you interact with us using social media, we may receive information such as your user ID, your profile picture, photos you post, and similar information, which is often determined by your privacy settings at social media sites. We may use the information for the same types of purposes we
Your California Privacy Rights
1976 S. La Cienega Blvd. #C21
Los Angeles, California 90034
Phone: (310) 425-3463
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org