Feeling stuck? Not sure what your next step is? Need a change of perspective? Want to step outside your comfort zone? Interested in both artistic and professional development?
Open Call for Terra Nova!
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Tuesday, March 28
Terra Nova is a choreographic residency opportunity brought to you by Dance Resource Center and Rosanna Gamson/World Wide (RGWW). Work closely with world re-known choreographer Rosanna Gamson to reboot your creative process and find new strategies to strengthen your artistic voice among other LA based choreographers.
Terra Nova offers a rigorous yet constructive setting in which participants meet for 6 consecutive weeks to develop original body based, movement explorations. Notable arts professionals will be invited to attend specific sessions during which additional insight and feedback will be provided. Artists are then invited to participate in a culminating performance and conversation with the public, including key community dance stakeholders. All works will be professionally documented on video in a separate shoot.
$350 Fee includes:
- Welcome dinner + meet and greet
- Six 3-hour workshop sessions with Rosanna Gamson and guest dance leaders
- A directory of local dancers available to work with
- A workshop on Making Visually Impactful Video Content + individual consultation
- Professional documentation of your project on a separate film shoot day
- Coaching on how to talk about your work
- Culminating public showing + conversation, hosted by Dance Resource Center: Home Grown @ MiModa
NOTE: Optional $150 space voucher allows Terra Nova participants to pool resources for reduced rehearsal rates. Inquire for details with your application.
- Meet once a week for 6-weeks, 3hrs. per session
- Rehearsing your project outside of workshop hours
- Start date: April 19th 1-4pm
- End date: Wednesday, May 24th 1-4pm
- A culminating showing & conversation will be held on Saturday, June 3rd at 7pm
5774 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90010
Fill out the application below to be considered for Terra Nova!
Rosanna Gamson/World Wide’s Terra Nova is supported, in part, by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors through the Los Angeles County Arts Commission; by the City of Los Angeles Cultural Affairs Department; the support and generosity of Jacob Michelson, and MiModa.