Request for Proposals 2017
Bootleg Theater and Licia Perea presents:
shut up & DANCE HIP HOP Festival
March 30th, 31st, April 1st 2017, at 7:30pm at the Bootleg Theater
Our second exciting shut up festival will feature 8-10 HIP HOP based choreographers based in the greater Los Angeles area.
Application Due Date:
January 22nd 2017
Festival participants announced February 7th, 2017
• Choreographers and performers must be available for all 3 performance dates; one 2 hr tech time sometime during the week of Monday March 27th through Wednesday March 29th, 2017 between the hours of 9am and 4pm AND mandatory dress rehearsal Thursday March 30st, 2017 at 2 pm.
• Applicants/Choreographers must be 18 years of age or older and have produced and presented their own choreography for at least one year in a non-student context.
• Applicant is a resident of Los Angeles county for at least one year and have produced choreographic work in LA.
Chosen choreographers must provide us with PR materials (jpegs etc) and all elements of production to help promote the shut up & DANCE festival via email, postcards, Facebook, Instagram and any other forms of social media when links and materials are provided.
Presentation – Artists are expected to present a Hip Hop based piece 10 minutes or less for all 3 performance dates.
If proposing a premiere/new work that is not complete by submission deadline, then the proposed finished piece must be shown live to curators by February 25th, 2017 for feedback. In other words – a finished, polished and professional piece is our goal for presentation in this festival. Video samples are still required in your application of prior work.
Selected artists will receive the following:
Marketing/PR will be provided by the Bootleg Theater.
Tech Production support will be provided by the Bootleg Theater.
Feedback for new works/premieres.
Application must include:
1) Applicant/company name and bio
2) Sample of proposed work (link to Vimeo or YouTube)
3) Title and description of proposed piece, number of performers, length of work, props/sets, and music
4) Full contact information (include email, cell number and website)
5) $20 application fee
Submit application and fee to:
1) Email application to: shut up & DANCE - in subject line to: email@example.com
2) $20 application fee can be processed on website www.blaktinafestival.com via PayPal or a check made out to Latina Dance Project and mailed to 2159 Lyric Ave. LA, CA 90027
Any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com