March 31st, April 1st and April 2nd, 2016, at 7:30pm at the Bootleg Theater
Shut Up and Dance! Festival is presented by the Bootleg Theater and Licia Perea – a festival featuring various genres of dance.
Spring 2016’s exciting new festival will feature 6–8 HIP HOP based choreographers based in the greater Los Angeles area.
Application Due Date:
February 5th, 2016
Festival participants announced February 12th, 2016
- Choreographers who have produced and presented their own choreography for at least one year in a non-student context.
- Applicants is a resident of Los Angeles county, have lived here for at least one year and have produced choreographic work in LA.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Full-time students are not eligible
- Prompt issuing of information (PR materials), music, choreography and any other elements of production.
- Promotion of the Shut Up and Dance Festival via email, postcards, Facebook, and any other forms of social media when links and materials are provided
- Choreographers and performers must be available for 2 hr tech time sometime during the week of Monday March 28th through Wednesday March 30th, 2016 between the hours of 9am and 4pm; dress rehearsal Thursday March 31st, 2016 at 3pm.
- Presentation – Artists are expected to present a Hip Hop based piece 10 minutes or less.
- Marketing/PR will be provided by the Bootleg Theater.
- Tech Production support will be provided by the Bootleg Theater.
Submit application and fee to: Shut Up and Dance!; firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Mail to 2159 Lyric Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90027
$20 application fee can be processed on website www.blaktinafestival.com or a check made out to Latina Dance Project and mailed to 2159 Lyric Ave. LA, CA 90027
Any questions please email: email@example.com