L.A. Dance Project, a Los Angeles based artist collective, seeks an Office Assistant to assume responsibility for assisting the Company Manager in coordination and supervision of domestic and international touring and helping manage the daily business of the dance office. The Office Assistant will be part of a close-knit team of individuals who are spread over three time zones and are passionate about presenting dance at the highest level and running a sophisticated organization. Must be able to work independently, and as part of a team. Must be capable of working in an open office, creative environment. Ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, ability to work on a large variety of tasks with a strong work ethic matched only by their flexibility, and sense of humor!
The Office Assistant reports to the Company Manager and Managing Director.
The ideal candidate will have the following background:
- Bachelor’s degree, specifically with a degree in arts administration preferred.
- 4+ years experience working in an office.
- 1+ years experience in a performing arts environment.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills: international travel planning, tracking expenses, developing standards, reporting skills, excellent communication, language skills (especially French) a plus.
Principal duties and responsibilities will be:
- Research necessary information for all locations the company will be traveling to, including local transportation, hotel, local amenities, local physical therapy and massage options and more.
- Help with organizing and building information tour books for the touring personnel.
- Generate Travel Logs for each tour – organizing all flight, train, and bus travel into excel spread sheets.
- Visa application assistance - including preliminary research for visa requirements & assistance in applying for visas.
- Assist in the compilation of program information for each tour venue, including description of pieces, bios, headshot, photos, credits etc.
- Pre-tour errands & tasks.
Company Management assistance
- Generate “one-sheets” (mini-tour books) containing logistical information and local amenities for visiting artists and crew while in L.A.
- Booking flights, cars & accommodations for guest artists and crew coming to L.A.
- Help to manage the obtaining of artist visas for international visiting artists.
- Create one-sheets of information for visiting artists, and generate Per Diem sheets for visiting artists and crew during new creations and LA-based shows.
Office Management assistance
- Interoffice setup, basic IT support.
- Filing and organizing digital materials.
- Occasional errands, pickups and mailings.
- Mailing and Donor Lists.
- Helping to manage contact database, adding and organizing contacts into various lists. Helping to organize and manage Donor Lists.
- Assisting the in the organization of cash, credit, and debit transactions for Company Manager.
- Maintain the office and dance studio supplies.
- Keep a detailed record of all media files and essential company documents.
Dance Artists Support
- Assist in dancer workers compensation claims
And additional duties as assigned.
Serious candidates should email their resume.