Application deadline is October 19. Spotlight applications are available online now! Do you know a high school dancer who wants to step into the Spotlight?
New this year: All Preliminary 1 (first round) auditions are now online video submissions
The Music Center’s Spotlight competition program awards more than $100,000 to students in scholarships. It's so much more than a competition! It provides scholarship opportunities and coaching to all students, no matter what level they have achieved in their arts discipline. Every student receives detailed written feedback which they can share with their teachers and parents. Open to all high school students who live in Southern California.
By applying to Spotlight you are eligible for:
- Participation in THE SPOTLIGHT ACADEMY
- Written feedback from our distinguished panel of judges
- Master class with world-renowned artist or artistic director
- Live audition experience and performance at The Walt Disney Concert Hall
- INDIVIDUAL CASH AWARDS OF UP TO $5,000
- A chance to bypass the preliminary round of YOUNGARTS
- Certificate of Achievement
- Grand Prize Finalists’ high schools' receive an award plaque
The Music Center Spotlight competition program provides high school dancers an opportunity to stretch themselves by learning about audition/interview skills, exploring artistry, and developing self-confidence; all in a safe and nurturing environment. It's FREE, it's easy and most importantly, it's fun!