HEIDI DUCKLER DANCE THEATRE seeks a freelance BOX OFFICE MANAGER
Company: Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre Position: Box Office Manager
Position Description: Working closely with the Artistic/Executive Director, Strategic Director and Production/Stage Manager, the Box Office Manager is responsible for managing the Box Office for all performances and ensuring an efficient check-in process and excellent audience experience. The Box Office Manager will set up and break down the Front of House (FOH), manage ushers, volunteers, and coordinate will-call, door sales and merchandise sales. Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre is seeking a candidate with exceptional communication and organizational skills, leadership and management skills, and a passion for site-specific productions.
Position reports to: Artistic/Executive Director
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing the space: ensuring all necessary materials (check-in lists, marketing materials, merchandise, signage, tables, chairs, etc.) are fully stocked and displayed at the FOH on-time and in an organized fashion.
- Recruiting and managing box office ushers/volunteers.
- Checking-in attendees and securing at-the-door ticket sales, merchandise purchases, and membership orders and renewals.
- Customer service: answering attendees’ questions and catering to their needs ahead of the performance.
- Coordinating with the Stage Manager and Artistic/Executive Director for a seamless flow between FOH and the performance experience.
o Excellent communication and customer service skills.
o Attention to detail and strong organizational skills; proficiency in ticketing software (OvationTix and Square) preferred.
o Ability to work collaboratively, multitask, work independently, supervise a team, and quickly shift with changing priorities.
o Undergraduate college degree required.
o Minimum 2 years of work experience; background in the arts preferred.
o Own a car/valid driver license.
Salary/Hours: The Box Office Manager will work on a freelance basis based on the production schedule for the season (most performances are on weekend evenings). Pay will be commensurate with experience.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Box Office Manager” in the subject line.
Position open until filled. For hire beginning Sat, Oct 22, 2016.
Company Description: Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre creates innovative dance experiences in non-traditional places and provides learning opportunities in diverse neighborhoods. We invite our audience and artists to engage with one another and connect with their community in ways they have never experienced before. Founded in 1985, Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre is a nonprofit, site-specific dance performance company based in Los Angeles, California.
To learn more about Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre, please visit us online at: www.heididuckler.org