Position Description: Working closely with the Artistic Director, the Strategic Director, and the Board of Directors, the Managing Director is responsible for the overall management of Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre including financial management, development, programming, grant-writing, board development and the overall daily operations of the organization. She/he will be key in strategically planning and organizing Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre programs in Los Angeles, nationally and internationally. The Managing Director will work in close partnership with Artistic/Executive Director, Heidi Duckler, to envision new structures and leadership for the continuation of Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre legacy. She/he will also explore innovative means of sustainability for the organization’s future.
Position reports to: Artistic/Executive Director
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership representing the organization mission and vision to all stakeholders.
- Create and implement short and long term fundraising and marketing plans and goals in accordance with the strategic plan.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate and foundation sponsors, community partners, individual donors, members and Board members.
- Research funding opportunities, write proposals and develop relationships with foundations and government granting agencies.
- Engage the Board of Directors and coordinate board and committee meetings.
- Plan, forecast, monitor and report on annual and project-based budgets.
- Create and implement all marketing and public relations materials.
- Coordinate planning and logistics of all aspects of artistic production.
- Recruit, train and manage staff, interns and volunteers while maintaining a results-oriented, team-minded culture.
- Minimum BA/BS university degree and at least three years working in nonprofit administration/leadership
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in and capacity to lead, manage, motivate, inspire, train and collaborate with staff and volunteers
- Self-motivated with the ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously and work in fast-paced work environment
- General office, administration, and computer skills
- Proficiency in Photoshop & Illustrator preferred
Salary/Hours: The Managing Director will work full-time, 9-5pm and occasional weekends and evenings (performances, Board meetings, networking events, etc.). Pay will commensurate with experience.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Include "Managing Director" in the subject line.