Position Description: Working closely with the Artistic/Executive Director and Experience Director, the Outreach Associate will be responsible for the Educational and Outreach components of the company; including maintaining and managing the company’s Duck Ed program (which includes the Duck Truck Residency Program (DTRP), Duck Tales and Duck Works). Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre is seeking a candidate with exceptional creative, interpersonal and administrative skills, an eye for detail, a desire for a career in arts education, and a passion for the performing arts.
Position reports to: Artistic/Executive Director and Experience Director
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Experience Director in managing, scheduling, coordinating and executing programming through HDDT’s engagement and educational activities, including the Duck Ed school season.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to help develop and execute educational curricula, recruit and select Duck Ed teachers, and provide leadership and mentorship for the Duck Ed teachers.
- In partnership with the Experience Director, construct and track the budgets for each site, manage supply requests and expense reports.
- Contract teachers and maintain accountability with their compliance with HDDT Company policies, Duck Ed teacher policies and performer policies.
- Develop, distribute and manage Duck Ed Program Evaluations (i.e. surveys for Duck Ed teachers, students, etc.), generate and distribute flyers and thank you letters to partners, school teachers, school staff members, program directors, etc.
- Ensure that secured grants are allocated to the correct sites and aligned with the correct deliverables.
- Support the Experience Director in completing final reports for educational grants and help research new educational grant and earned revenue opportunities for the program.
- Provide Duck Ed programming supervision as needed (e.g. teaching, logistical support, funder site-visits, promoting classes and performances, and meetings with school/organization faculty/staff).
- Cultivate and maintain existing and new partnerships with Schools and Community Organizations, and seek out new sites and residency opportunities for the company.
- Manage and direct the photographers and videographers during Duck Ed classes, events and performances. Collect and review Duck Ed footage and images.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Dance and/or Arts Education experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively, meet deadlines, multitask, work independently, supervise large teams, including Teaching Artists, and quickly shift with changing priorities.
- Undergraduate college degree required.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience; background in the arts preferred.
- Own a car/valid driver license.
Salary/Hours: The Outreach Associate will work part-time, 24 hours per week. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com. Include “Outreach Associate” in the subject line.
Position open until filled. For Jan 2016 hire.
Company Description: Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre creates innovative dance experiences in non-traditional places and provides learning opportunities in diverse neighborhoods. We invite our audience and artists to engage with one another and connect with their community in ways they have never experienced before. Founded in 1985, Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre is a nonprofit, site-specific dance performance company based in Los Angeles, California.
To learn more about Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre, please visit us online at: www.heididuckler.org