WHO: Department of Cultural Affairs, Grants and Calls
WHAT: DCA Scholarships for LA-based Dancers and Choreographers
EVENT: International Association of Blacks in Dance
30th Anniversary Conference and Festival
WHEN: January 23 – 28, 2018
DEADLINE: Applications must be received by Friday, October 27, 5pm
NOTIFICATION: Scholarships will be awarded by Tues, November 21, 2017
The International Association of Blacks in Dance (IABD) is celebrating its 30t Annual International Conference and Festival of Blacks in Dance, January 23– 28, 2018, in Los Angeles. Its mission is to preserve and promote dance by people of African ancestry or origin, and assist and increase opportunities for artists in advocacy, audience development, education, funding, networking,
performance, philosophical dialogue, and touring. For more information visit the website www.iabdassociation.org. Lula Washington Dance Theatre is hosting the conference.
The Department of Cultural Affairs will be offering 10 full scholarships for LA- based dancers, choreographers, and dance administrators to attend IABD.
Notes and Qualifications:
- Applicants must be residents of Los Angles for a minimum of three years and be able to demonstrate active involvement in LA’s dance community.
- Professional dancers, choreographers and dance administrators are eligible to apply.
- Award will be in the form of a full scholarship to attend the conference. No financial award will be given.
- Applicants must attend the full conference. Conference dance master classes are not included.
- Applicants must reside within the limits of LA County.
- Only 10 full scholarships will be awarded. An LA-based five-person panel will be selecting the finalists.