DANCER AUDITION NOTICE for PELLÉAS ET MÉLISANDE OPERA PRODUCTION
The Cleveland Orchestra is producing an inventive, newly staged production of Claude Debussy’s opera, Pelléas et Mélisande, directed by Yuval Sharon (The Industry) and choreographed by Danielle Agami (Ate9 Dance Company) to be premiered in Cleveland, OH.
CASTING: Six (6) professional dancer/actor types with experience in improvisation
- Friday, January 6, 2017, 5:00p-10:00p Open Auditions in Los Angeles
- March 27-April 15, 2017 Time TBD Dance Staging Rehearsals in Los Angeles
**Rehearsal schedule TBD Monday – Saturday afternoon & evenings up to 8hrs per day inclusive of meal breaks.
- April 23-May 6, 2017 Time TBA Rehearsals & Performances in Cleveland
- May 2, 4, 6, 2017 Time TBA Performances in Cleveland
COMPENSATION: Individual fees to be negotiated upon casting. All travel and lodging in Cleveland is provided.
AUDITION INFORMATION (January 6, 2017):
- Please submit resumes and photos (headshot) to Michelle Martina, Production Stage Manager at email@example.com. In the email subject line, please include: LAST NAME – Pelleas audition. Also be sure to include within the email, any potential schedule conflicts.
- Audition location will be emailed upon receipt of resume materials.
- Audition Times:
- 5:00p sharp – Group 1 Dancers
- 6:00p sharp – Group 2 Dancers
- 7:00p sharp – Group 3 Dancers
- 8:30p – CALLBACKS
Please be warmed up and ready to dance at the start time (studio will be open at 4:30p). Some dancers may be asked to return for a partnering call later in the day
- What to bring:
- Female dancers should bring both flats and heels
- Each dancers should bring 2 sets of a current picture and resume stapled together