The Gabriella Foundation (TGF), www.gabri.org, a non-profit organization, was established in 1999 in memory of Gabriella Axelrad, a thirteen-year-old who loved to dance. The organization's mission is to transform the lives of underserved youth in Los Angeles through high-quality dance instruction.
- Customer Service and Reception: Demonstrate expert knowledge about the program, hold students and parents accountable to all rules and regulations, and answer questions as an ambassador of the program. Greet parents and students warmly and professionally. Answer incoming calls, retrieve voice mail and return calls, and tend to email in a timely manner. Manage annual program orientation, parent volunteer service hours, assist with field trip coordination and direct traffic in the studio. Provide dance instructors and parents with critical information or news. Collaborate and communicate effectively with Dance Office Registrars at two additional everybody dance!studio sites
- Cash Handling: Collect payments for tuition and fees, and prepare a bi-weekly deposit and report of cash and checks received.
- Data Entry: Enter all cash transactions, attendance and service hours in to the database daily according to agreed-upon data-entry protocols. Keep family records updated. Add new entries to the ongoing student lottery list.
- Inventory and Ordering: Track inventory of office, janitorial supplies and merchandise and report inventory needs for bi-weekly orders.
- Facility Management: Maintain all physical aspects of the dance office. Keep bulletins up to date. Oversee custodial work and assure studio space and waiting areas maintain a clean and orderly appearance. Assume responsibility for any volunteer duty that is not accomplished and supervise parents who are in service.
- Previous administrative or clerical experience
- Knowledge of databases and Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge and love of the arts, especially dance
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Preferred: experience with Studio Director database or similar software