The mission of Ate9 Dance Company is to create excellent experimental works that re-imagine the role of dance in the community, while tapping into its power to unite people across diverse social and cultural borders. Valuing the vibrancy and diversity of its Los Angeles home base, the company invests in and cares about the unique qualities and potential each individual brings to the company. Embracing this philosophy, Ate9's Founder, Dancer-Choreographer Danielle Agami guides her dancers to explore the juxtaposition between subtlety and extreme physicality so that they are able to access and express what is most honest, most human and most vulnerable within them. The physical manifestation of this process is the essence of Ate9 Dance Company, and what gives it its unique appeal. (ate9dancecompany.com)
General Manager Job Duties:
· Assist the Board and Staff in filing, scheduling, drafting letters, taking minutes, filling out forms, and overall office communications.
· Maintain and organize database systems: OvationTix, Google Apps, Dropbox, etc.
· Assist in managing the company’s Marketing/PR, social media, and newsletter blasts
· Coordinate and maintain the company’s insurance and tax compliance and payment schedules.
· Collect and deliver mail, pick-up and drop-off supplies and other correspondence as necessary.
· Attend Board and Staff meetings as needed.
General Manager Qualifications:
· Experience or interest in Arts Administration.
· A Bachelor’s Degree.
· Consistent and reliable access to a car, internet and phone.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps (working knowledge of OvationTix and Dropbox a plus).
· Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, work independently, take direction, and shift with quickly changing priorities.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Schedule is flexible (approx. 5-10 hrs pr/wk). For immediate hire.
Application Instructions: Email your resume, cover letter and salary history to Consultant David Mack at email@example.com. Put "General Manager" in the subject line.