Our 3rd annual Day of Dancer Health was a big success!
Save the date for next year’s event on Saturday, November 3rd, 2018.
TOTALLY FREE. All DANCE PROFESSIONALS WELCOME. LOVE YOUR BODY, DANCE YOUR LIFE.
Day of Dancer Health is an Opportunity to:
- Receive a full health assessment with qualified medical professionals. The screen is one of Dance USA’s Task Force initiatives to improve health care for the professional dancer.
- Chat with a nutritionist or psychologist one-on-one
- Get access to information and educational resources
Information tables are manned by other health professionals focusing on needs such as nutrition, sexual health, emotional and financial well-being. Since the event is taking place during the Affordable Care Act open enrollment period—in state through Covered California—The Actors Fund will be on hand to help attendees navigate through the various insurance options as well. Gain information about dancers health and enrollment the Affordable Care Act through Covered California.
- Attend workshops like qigong, yoga for dancers, mindful eating, an info session on being insured as an artist, and more
- Enjoy our Health Cafe with goodies like fresh juices, yogurts, wellness bars, and more
- Get a “swag” bag with ointments, a thera-band, water bottle, and more